First thing is first: The RailsBridge famous Rails BugMash was up again this week, and sadly i was only able to participate for only a mare few hours, i was thrilled to realize that again, the BugMash is getting the best of me.
Comparing to the first one last month, i was a lot more familiar and ready this time to handle the Rails core code, Git ninja maneuvers and general Ruby and Rails/idioms and internal processes, and i must say it was even more fun and addictive this time.
I really hope that all of you rails developers join us the next time are throwing in a BugMash party, you’d be surprised to know how easy it is to find something you want to change/fix in the rails core and submit a patch. Except from the huge help you are going to get on #railsbridge on IRC, you’ll be able to get to know tools and procedures and are not so confident in using them, and possibly achieve a “Rails Contributor” status, win.
Now, awesome links ahead.
- RubyMine 2.0 Beta – another release for this IDE, people seem to like it thu.
- rake console – custom IRB instance for your ruby gem interface.
- TeachMeToCode screencasts – another dedicated Rails screencasting website.
- convert_theme – convert any html theme to Rails, Dr. nic is on it.. i would pay attention to it when it’s done.
- jQuery wall for webkit – superior browsers are fun.
- SwitchBoard – event listeners for ActiveRecord – Observers on steroids ?
- jQuery accessible slider – pretty, neat and accessible.
- Sliding panel in jQuery – a sliding bar on top, could be more fun to have it a little bit more customizable.
- TweetStream – access Twitter stream in Ruby
- Real-time related tweets widget – display related twits instantly on your site.
- Railings – another attempt for an Uber rails template.
- Testing Rails observers with shoulda – another neglected testing aspect revealed.
- Anaphora in Ruby – i have absolutely no idea what that is, it’s just here for you and me for later reading, looks interesting thu.
- Setup Gitorious – open source Rails application for managing your projects: Git repositories, wikis, timeline and more.
- Capistrano file actions – apparently, this old gizzer is still kicking.
- Rails Time zone aware attributes and Chronic – make those 2 play nice.
- Bash scripting guide – cause who doesn’t like bash ?
- When GitHub goes down – ways to maintain sanity.
- validatius_on_rails – a binding between Rails validations and client side validations.
- gravater_on_rails – A configurable and documented Rail view helper for adding gravatars into your Rails application
- fleximage – Rails plugin for uploading images as resources, with support for resizing, text stamping, and other special effects.
- proxy_machine – A simple TCP routing proxy built on EventMachine that lets you configure the routing logic in Ruby.
- rubycas-server – Provides a single sign-on solution for web applications, implementing the server-end of JA-SIG’s CAS protocol.