i have learned a lot of new things, which i am very happy about, but i also had some bad experiences:
in Programming, i learned
- how to use git, finally.
- about unfuddle and i am happy about it.
- how to master Rails Caching.
- how to master Ruby meta programming to the max (self learning class!).
- how to use Oracle, also with rails.
- tried .net, hated it.
- tried Django, hated it.
- the power of RSS feeds.
- about the joy in helping others where you struggled in forums across the net.
in Business, i learned
- Never to do business with friends.
- Never to do business with friends, ever (yeah, twice).
- how to spot opportunities of a life time.
- how to make words and sentences, into real kicking money
- how to harness adsense.
- how to negotiate when i am not on top.
- how to fight, struggle and win with minimum resources.
- from the big shots, how to do it in the USA.
- microsoft came back into my life with an XBOX-360, and i hate to say i like it.
- i learned to play the guitar.
- Moved to USA, smartest thing i did in my life.
- i learned how to run a flawless project plan.
- got 2 more Macs, ipod, and an AppleTv.
on the good side…
- Took part in few amazing projects.
- Gained #1 on Oracle ruby on rails blog reference page.
- Finally started my own baby startup.
- Got 1.8M$ investment for a friend’s company in a 45 minute phone call to the investor.
- Sold all my AAPL shares before the crisis.
- Taking a major part in bringing Rails to Israel.
On the down side…
- i lost too many friends, if they ever were.
- too many of my dreams and wishes came down in flames (but were replaced by new ones.)
Looking back, it wasn’t such a bad year… some things may not be so good, but i believe that 2009 is the key year for me.
Hopefully in the next year (on Mephisto!!), i will be able to say
“it was an amazing year”
happy new year everyone.